Picodata is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with us, such as our website visitors (Site), customers, business partners, leads, and prospects. This Privacy Notice generally explains the different ways in which Picodata collects, uses, and shares personal information when an individual:
- Registers for use of the Site or uses the Site.
- Subscribes to receive e-mails from Picodata.
- Registers for use of the Picodata online communities or posts information on a shared area of the Site.
- Registers for one of our events or webinars.
- Seeks employment opportunities with Picodata.
- Wishes to obtain more information about our products and services participates in research interviews or surveys.
On this website, personal data is only collected in the technically required scope. The data will neither sold nor transferred to third parties outside Picodata.
What information does Picodata collect?
The contact information you may choose to provide while visiting or registering on our Site, including registrations to attend Picodata events. This information may include your: name, address, company name, job title, telephone number, email address, and the name and email of third parties you may provide to us. If you register to participate in Picodata online communities, personal account, tech support, or other shared areas of the Site, you may be asked to create a profile. Your profile may be made available to other members of the shared site(s) and may include the registration information you provide. Behavioral information about how you may include how you use the Site, marketing e-mails you open, e-mail links you click on, and your IP address. If you are applying for a job at Picodata, we may also collect your resume, work history, and education if you choose to provide or upload your resume via the Site.
Transfer of data to third parties
On the basis of our legitimate interests, i.e. our interest to analyze and optimize the use of this service according to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, the Site uses web analytics services such as:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
- Google AdWords Remarketing
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Custom Audience (“Pixel”)
- Yandex Metrika
- LinkedIn Matched Audiences
On behalf of Picodata, these web analytics services will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google, Facebook, Yandex and LinkedIn on their servers. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, web analytics services will anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
Third-party providers, including Google, Yandex, Facebook and LinkedIn display ads on websites on the Internet. Third-party providers use stored cookies to show ads based on previous visits of a user of this Site.
Information we collect automatically when you use the site
When you access or use the Site, Picodata online communities, personal account, tech support or other shared areas of the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, internet service provider, clickstream data, date/time stamp, pages and files viewed on our Site, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the Site or browse from one page to another.
- What types of cookies does Picodata use? Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality. Behavior and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioral information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics. Marketing: cookies that are used to deliver relevant advertising.
You may choose to control and/or delete all cookies from your hard drive. If you delete a cookie, however, please be advised that some features of our Site may not be accessible to you. Another option available to you is to change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from a primary Site, block them from third parties, or clear out all cookies.
How does Picodata use the information?
We use information about you for various purposes, including:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Site and products. Picodata provides and delivers the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices, bill you for products or services purchased by you.
- To fulfill our obligations. Picodata uses personal contact information you share with us to fulfill contractual obligations that may include providing products or services that you or your employer purchased, answer your contract administration related inquiries or communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, and send you information about features on the Site, or changes to our policies or events for which you registered.
- To send you an email including technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- To improve research, the Site and measure effectiveness. Picodata regularly analyzes data pertaining to visitor trends, research consumption, and research grading to improve our research, plan site enhancements, measure overall site effectiveness and the effectiveness of e-mail campaigns.
- To answer job search inquiries. We use your submitted information to respond to inquiries you make regarding job postings.
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- To maintain a secure Site. IP addresses are collected in order to maintain our Site security and ensure access to restricted portions of the Site is limited to authorized users.
How we take care of the security of your personal data?
Picodata takes reasonable measures to help protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.